::HAULT:: if you are a first time visitor, you should read my "I'm starting a blog...say wha?!" post in order to know and understand my blog philosophy ☺ you may proceed...



The hardest thing I have ever experienced. That, hands down, is the adjustment to our second bundle of joy.
That experience is what lead me to begin this blog and "Moms Investing in Literature, Family and Friends" club. I felt alone in a crowded place - worst feeling ever!
Any whoo, instead of whining on about that in this post, I figured I would make this experience useful and tell you what I have learned from it. Can I get a drum roll please...I give you the "Top 5 Reasons Everyone Needs at Least 2 Children". Aka. What I've learned from having two.
5) You might as well use again what cost so much to get in the first place!
Money is a scary thing. It comes and goes. I'm really good at helping it go. Adjusting to having our little Princess around meant tightening some things at our house. Here's what I've learned from that:
Spend your money and time on memories, not nessicarily items.
4) Everyone needs an excuse as to why they're late!
Having children seems to set you back at least a half hour or longer to everything. Learning to manage and plan for that is a big life lesson. In the same breath, if little Prince or Princess is on hour two of their nap and you've got places to be - throw their little butts in the car and get going! Haven't had lunch yet and you've got grocery shopping to do? Throw a cart picnic. They'll live. Lesson in this that I've learned?
Take some time to look at the big picture of life, go with the flow.
3) Everyone could use an "Oh, THAT'S why she always looks like that..." moment.
You know what I'm talking about. You see that woman at the restaraunt. The one with the unintenditly messy pony tail, only smears of makeup left, under eye bags, frumpy clothes and all you can think is "Ah! I hope I don't look like that when I'm a mom." Don't worry - at one point you will. Going out in public looking like that is another story though. But your kids? They'll be adorable and happy and loved. Lesson?
Stop being so hard on yourself - and other moms!
2) Everyone needs a reality check.
That moment when you stop and think "This really is hard. How in the hell have women done this in the past, with more kids and less convenience??" The answer:
Do it your way, the way you want, what you are comfortable with. You are the only one who lives your life everyday.
1) Who needs time to shower, or eat, or go to the bathroom anyway?
I do! You do! We all do! If you don't block out time for yourself, no one else will. This results in loosing your awesome. Your babies and family need you to be your kind of awesome. Meaning?
Do something's for yourself! Despite the guilt!
Welp, that's what I've got. What do you think? Comment below - I wanna know!!
Sayonara!
No comments:
Post a Comment