Sunday, July 21, 2013

21 Day Blogging Challenge - Back to the Blog

.:HAULT!:. If you are a first time reader - please read my "I'm starting a blog...say wha?!" post for some background on my blogging philosophy :)

Eek, 5 months since my last entry. Oops! I read somewhere that, theoretically, if you do something 21 times, it becomes a habit. I guess I need to get my act together!

It has been a jam packed 5 months in my world, full of school and FFA events and responsibilities, my sister buying a house, family members having babies, summer fun, engagements and traveling. It's funny how time can seem so long and so short at the same time. 

As I was looking back on a few posts, it reminded me how much I liked doing this. With that in mind, and to help me reach that "21 times = habit" I am using this post to challenge myself to a "21 Day Blogging Challenge". Knowing myself and my life too well, I am just going to make it known now that this will definitely take longer than 21 days. 

Here's the fun part - I want you to do it with me! 
Just post your response or answer to the topic in the comments below - feel free to use this challenge on your own social media of choice too. 

21-Day Blogging Challenge
(I should really title this "21 Topic Blogging Challenge" but that doesn't have the same ring to it...)
Day 1 - Name 10 random facts about yourself. 
Day 2 - List 5 things you would tell your 16 year old self if you could. 
Day 3 - Name the 5 things that make you the happiest right now. 
Day 4 - What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
Day 5 - What defines you?
Day 6 - Name 5 of your biggest pet peeves.
Day 7 - Describe a typical day in your life. 
Day 8 - Describe 3 of your best childhood memories. 
Day 9 - Describe 5 of your strengths. 
Day 10 - Describe 5 of your weaknesses. 
Day 11 - If you could have one superpower, what would it be, 
why and what would be the first thing you'd do with it?
Day 12 - List your top 3 hobbies and why you love them. 
Day 13 - Describe your first job and your current job. 
Day 14 - What is your love language?
Day 15 - Name your top 3 favorite childhood toys. 
Day 16 - What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?
Day 17 - If you could have dinner with anyone in history, 
who would it be and what would you talk about?
Day 18 - Name the top 5 people who have influence you most and how. 
Day 19 - What are two life changing events you have experienced?
Day 20 - What are the 3 hardest things you have learned in life?
Day 21 - What do you want to be remembered for?


This is going to be fuuun! So, let's get started...

My Top 10 Random Facts 
(you are either going to run and hide from ever reading this blog again, or laugh because I'm just as weird as you are...)

#1 - I freaking loooooove the original Star Wars Trilogy
I will never forget the first time I watched it. My cousin Matt, who is like my big bro except I don't get to see him often, brought them over during one of his visits and I was ssssoooo mad! I was like 10 and all I could think was "why on Earth would he think I would want to watch this." Welp, he knew me better than I did I guess. 

::swoon:: I had such a crush on him!
#2 - I have not worn an actual pair of shorts in about 10 years
I really dislike shorts. 
#3 - I am an absolute beast at tether-ball
If tether-ball were an Olympic sport, I would be at least a silver medalist. Ask my husband. I whooped him. 
#4 - I teach agriculture and can not keep a houseplant alive to save my life
Not a strength of mine. 
#5 - My closet is a disaster of epic proportions
I really have no explanation for this. I have never been able to keep an organized closet. I mean, my son literally hides in there because he knows it takes me awhile to find him. Oops. 
#6 - I grew up in the city, but showed hogs, sheep, cattle and chickens at the county fair
This is not random for people who know me, however, what is funny is that I am pretty sure that I would not have been able to identify a live sheep from a goat as a seventh grader. Then we raised chickens in our basement and in a dog pen in our backyard. Talk about a lifestyle change - chicken clucking and duck quaking are much better sounds than gun shots. Just sayin'. 
#7 - I have dance parties with my kids any chance I can
I am a TERRIBLE dancer. My son knows how to do the sprinkler - that's the only guidance I can offer him. My daughter just laughs at us - I think she's the smart one. 
#8 - My kids have the same birthday 2 years apart
Partially planned, partially not. That was the first possible date I could go in with my daughter (July 31st) and that happens to be my sons birthday. I was incredibly done being pregnant by that point - so we took it!
Me = house = Kinley's eviction notice
#9 - I have a very eclectic taste in music
I love Metallica, Queen, Justin Timberlake, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and I know just about every song from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack. Weird, yes. 
#10 - I am the worst movie talker
I can not stop talking during movies. I tell the characters what they should be doing, narrate to my fellow movie watchers just how funny that line was and definitely speak my mind every time the movie is not like the book. As you can imagine, this gets annoying for people. I can't help it. I also cannot watch scary movies - I scream, I close my eyes and I think of the most gruesome parts at the most inopportune times (ie. walking to my car at night, when everyone in my house is asleep, while going to the bathroom in the middle of night...). Seriously, no scary movies anymore. 

"Day 1" in the books folks. Tune in soon for Day 2 - I hope to not disappoint!

Now, it's your turn, just comment your most random facts below - I'd love to read about them :)

Until we meet again...


2 comments:

  1. Ps. I should note to #5, I have had several closet "interventions". I have scared away many family members and friends from ever helping me again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update to #7 for anyone reading...my daughter now does the sprinkler on command as well. She just turned one. Is this ok? I'm going to say...yes.

    ReplyDelete