Sunday, January 20, 2013

A solution to annoying children!

::HAULT:: if you are a first time visitor, you should read my "I'm starting a blog...say wha?!" post in order to know and understand my blog philosophy ☺ you may proceed...

So, I have been brainstorming ways to keep my oldest entertained and essentially not as annoying.

Here is what I have come up with....Activity basket!!

Took about a total of 3-4 hours to shop and put everything together. My bill at the dollar tree was $52 for everything, pretty good deal I think!

I put each activity in a gallon size plastic ziplock bag and have it ready to just pull out and go. It'll be a fun little thing to do just once or twice a day and hopefully he will start looking forward to it.

Rules of the basket:

Everything has to be put back in the bag with the instruction card. It'll lose it's novelty if all the pieces and parts are just sitting out and that makes your life harder. This basket is supposed to make it easier!

With a consumable activity, once the activity is complete, keep the bag and the card in there until you can replace it.

Put everything needed for the activity in the bag. You don't want to be hunting for those crayons you know you have somewhere...

And that's it! Enjoy!

Ps. If anyone would really, really like one, but knows they won't do it themselves, email me at crpalsgrove@gmail.com and we can work something out that I can make one for you :)

Bling bling!! (Nope, still not it...)




































1 comment: